There are different ways to raising skills.
- Primary and secondary slotted skills will raise over time. The amount gained slows the higher the skill.
- Combat and magic skills can be raised by using the skill (such as fighting monsters).
- Crafting and harvesting skills can be raised periodically while crafting and harvesting.
- Pay an NPC merchant for training. When you pay an npc to train you, you begin 'practicing' that skill every 5 minutes that you are in game. Practicing is automatic and you do not have to do anything. At lower skill levels, the gain will be faster than at high skill levels where it may take multiple 5 minute marks for a gain. Below is a list of which types of vendor train each skill.
|Alchemy||Alchemist, Apothecary, Mage, Scribe|
|Animal Lore||Beekeeper, Butcher, Cobbler, Decorator, Farmer, Fisherman, Leatherworker, Ranger, Shipwright|
|Animal Taming||Beekeeper, Butcher, Cobbler, Decorator, Farmer, Fisherman, Leatherworker, Ranger, Shipwright|
|Archery||Bowyer, Beekeeper, Carpenter, Farmer, Ranger|
|Armslore||Armoror, Leatherworker, Weaponsmith|
|Blacksmithy||Architect, Armorer, Jeweler, Tinker, Weaponsmith|
|Camping||Baker, Bowyer, Beekeeper, Butcher, Decorator, Farmer, Fisherman, Ranger, Shipwright|
|Cartography||Architect, Decorator, Fisherman, Ranger, Shipwright|
|Cooking||Baker, Barkeep, Beekeeper, Cobbler, Decorator, Farmer, Fisherman, Provisioner, Shipwright|
|Detect Hidden||Bard, Barkeep, Jeweler|
|Fencing||Armorer, Butcher, Weaponsmith|
|Fishing||Decorator, Farmer, Fisherman, Provisioner, Ranger, Shipwright|
|Healing||Apothecary, Baker, Barkeep, Bowyer, Leatherworker, Provisioner, Tailor|
|Hiding||Baker, Butcher, Cobbler, Tailor|
|Inscription||Alchemist, Apothecary, Mage|
|Invocation||Alchemist, Apothecary, Mage, Scribe, Scribe|
|Lockpicking||Architect, Bard, Barkeep, Carpenter, Jeweler, Tinker|
|Lumberjacking||Architect, Baker, Bowyer, Beekeeper, Carpenter, Farmer, Tailor, Tinker|
|Macefighting||Alchemist, Apothecary, Armorer, Carpenter, Mage, Scribe, Weaponsmith|
|Magic Resistance||Alchemist, Apothecary, Mage, Scribe|
|Magery||Alchemist, Apothecary, Mage, Scribe|
|Masonry||Architect, Carpenter, Tinker|
|Meditation||Alchemist, Apothecary, Mage, Scribe|
|Mining||Architect, Armorer, Jeweler, Tinker, Weaponsmith|
|Necromancy||Alchemist, Apothecary, Mage, Scribe|
|Parry||Armorer, Carpenter, Weaponsmith|
|Stealth||Baker, Barkeep, Butcher, Cobbler, Tailor|
|Swordsmanship||Armorer, Butcher, Weaponsmith|
|Tactics||Armorer, Bowyer, Weaponsmith|
|Tailoring||Beekeeper, Cobbler, Farmer, Leatherworker, Tailor|
|Taming||Beekeeper, Butcher, Cobbler, Farmer, Leatherworker, Ranger|
|Tinkering||Architect, Armorer, Carpenter, Jeweler, Tinker, Weaponsmith|
|Woodworking||Architect, Bowyer, Carpenter, Ranger, Tinker|
|Wrestling||Baker, Fisherman, Leatherworker, Provisioner|
Time for Skill Gains
|From Skill||To Skill||Points Gain||Time for Point Gain|
- Note: the time to gain is constant. It takes the same amount of time to go from 110 to 111 as it does from 118 to 119.
- Skill gain is fastest when you are online. Skills can continue to increase if you are logged out at an Inn with an Innkeeper. The gain rates differ which Inn you use.