To play on Valhalla Lost, you will need a version of Ultima Online (preferably Ultima Online Classic) and our special client and custom files. Periodically, we may require you to update your files due to map updates. Please check the forums when an update is required.
- Go to Ultima Online and download the Classic Client. We do not support the Enhanced Client (3D play).
- Download (or run) their installer (this is a small file).
- The installer will install the entire game. The install is typically around 1G to download with a final install of 2.4G disc space.
- Download our custom client and map files (split into two files to allow for easier updating).
- Extract the files into the Ultima Online: Classic folder overwriting any existing files.
- Right-click and drag the ValhallaLost_Classic.exe to your start menu or desktop to create a shortcut.
- Run the client and if you already have an account, you will connect to our server.
If you already are playing on another shard or on Ultima Online but want to try out our custom shard, you can simply copy your Ultima Online Classic folder to a new location, download our custom files and install it into the new folder.
Download both the Client and Map files of your choice in RAR or ZIP.
|Valhalla Lost Custom Client||Feb 9, 2019. RAR from Google Drive.|
|Map Files||Jan 26, 2019. RAR from Google Drive.|
|Custom Client||Feb 9, 2019. ZIP from Google Drive.|
|Map Files||Jan 26, 2019. ZIP from Google Drive.|
1) Download the UOSteam overlay at http://www.uosteam.com
2) When running UOSteam, use ValhallaLost_Classic.exe, uncheck 'Remove encryption' and get the rest of the information from the login.cfg file.
This is the recommended add-on for mapping.
- Warning: UO Steam will not work properly with our knock-out system and will go straight to a deathcry. It is adviseable to not use UO Steam while in dangerous situations.
- You must use the original client.exe, check 'Patch client encryption', uncheck 'Use OSI Encryption. Rest of information can be taken from login.cfg.
- Warning: UO Razor will not work properly with our knock-out system and will go straight to a deathcry. It is adviseable to not use UO Steam while in dangerous situations.
- Note: You may end up with an "out of memory" error, on any OS. This is due to UO's 32-bit client unable to access memory above 2GB and can happen when the files are modified. There are two ways around this:
A) Reboot your computer and start the client right away.
B) Remove the 2GB limit using a program called Large Address Aware which can be found [LAA].
UO Auto Map
Due to Valhalla Lost having two custom maps for Felluca and Trammel, you will need two different UOAMs to see these maps.
To have UOAM properly track you, you must run it in ADMIN mode. To set it up so it runs every time, do the following:
2) Right-click on UOAM.EXE and select 'Create shortcut'.
3) Right-click on UOAM - Shortcut and select 'Properties'.
4) At the end of the line in the Target field, add a -q (for example: "C:\Games\Ultima Online Classic\UOAMVAL\uoam.exe" -q). This will stop UOAM from checking the update server.
5) Click the Advanced Button and check 'Run as administrator'.
6) Run the shortcut link from now on.
The downloaded file above should already be calibrated. Run around and see if it is tracking your position correctly. If it is not, go to the gardens and stand at the calibration point (even if it shows water on Lost Realms).
- I am in The Lost Lands
- Latitude 9 degrees 8 minutes N
- Longitude 15 degrees 40 minutes W
Wait for the calibration to finish. Walk around, the map should track you. If it is not tracking you, make sure you are standing on the exact calibration tile and you are running admin mode.
If you are seeing the wrong map...
For example, if you start up UOAMVAL and it shows the Lost Realms map, you need to make sure UOAM is pointing to the right folder. Go to the Map menu and select 'UO client data files location...' then make sure it is checked (do not fill in the field as it will default to the current UOAM folder).
Locations have been split among several files as to not clutter the map too much. To set which ones you want to see, go to the Map menu and choose 'Additional Settings'. Click on the Files tab. Select which ones you want seen on the map. Some locations may require you to set zoom at 1x to see them (such as points within a town).
It is recommended you save your new locations to the Personal map file in case the map files ever get updated.
- Note: npcs/places/quests get added/changed/lost so locations are not guaranteed!
Connect to server (optional) To see others on the map, you may connect to the Valhalla Lost UOAM server.
1) Go to 'Link' menu and select 'Link Controls'
2) Type in your character name.
3) Type in the following into the IP and Port fields. There is no password.
4) Link to Server!